Limitation of liability
1. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) reserves the right to change
the venue or date of its conference up until the month before the congress. In the
event that the venue or date are changed, eCM Conferences will not be responsible
for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants. eCM will honor transfer of registration fees to the new date/venue. If the you no longer able to attend, eCM will return the registration fee minus an administrative cost, determined at the time.
2. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) reserves the right to change the content or speakers of its conference at any time without notification and will not be responsible for covering airfare, hotel or any other costs incurred by the registrants.
3. There will be either a partial or no refund in the case of the scientific programme and/or social events being partially or entirely delayed or cancelled because of events outside eCM Conferences's reasonable control. The following events shall be taken to be outside eCM Conferences's reasonable control: (a) acts of nature - natural disasters (e.g. earthquake, mountain slide); (b) outbreak of hostilities, riot, civil disturbance, acts of terrorism, invasion of Switzerland; (c) act of any government or relevant authority (including refusal or revocation of any license or consent); (d) fire, explosion, flood, leakage of water, extreme freezing fog, high winds or any other weather conditions, which, in the opinion of eCM Conferences, renders the provision of the Service at that time impractical; (e) power failure; (f) default or delay of or change in arrangements made by suppliers, third party providers or sub-contractors; (g) theft, malicious damage, strike, lock-out or industrial action of any kind; (h) declaration of Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC) or a pandemic as declared by the World Health Organisation (WHO); (i) any cause or circumstances whatsoever beyond eCM Conferences's reasonable control.
4. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) does not take out insurance to cover participants (or accept responsibility) against accidents, injury or loss suffered while attending events or other risks.
5. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) accepts no responsibility for any loss incurred of personal belongings deposited in the congress centre or of any material submitted to the conference (e.g. abstracts). These are the responsibility of the individual participant.
6. The copyright of all presentation material rests with the presenter and eCM Conferences may not be held responsible for any infringements as a result of plagiarism, libel, slander or any misuse of any material.
This disclaimer applies to the website of eCM Conferences (the "Site") including all web-pages produced by the congress organisation (eCM Conferences).
The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the operation, quality or functionality of this Site. Access to the Site may be interrupted, restricted or delayed for any reason. Moreover, the congress organisation (eCM Conferences) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to the security and confidentiality of any internet-transmission to or from the Site. Therefore, the Site or any of the fax and mailing addresses should not be used to send confidential information.
Even though great care has been taken to maintain the accuracy of any material and information appearing on this Site, the congress organisation (eCM Conferences) does not give any warranty or other assurance as to its content, accuracy, completeness, timelessness or fitness for any particular purpose.
To the full extent permissible by law, the congress organisation (eCM Conferences) disclaims all responsibility for any damages or losses (including, without limitation, personal injury, financial loss, damages for loss in business projects, loss of profits or other consequential losses) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site or any material or information appearing on the Site or from any action or decision taken as a result of using the Site or any such material or information.
This Site contains links to external sites. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) is not responsible for and has no control over the content of such sites. Information available via hypertext link from the congress organisation (eCM Conferences) is made available without responsibility on the part of the congress organisation (eCM Conferences).
Advertisers are responsible for ensuring that material submitted for inclusion on this Site complies with all relevant laws and regulations as well as ethical and medical standards. The congress organisation (eCM Conferences) will not take responsibility for any error, omission or inaccuracy in advertising material. Appearance on this Site does not constitute a guarantee or endorsement of the quality or value of a product or of the allegations made by the manufacturers.
Unless otherwise stated, the copyright of all material published on this Site (not including abstracts) is owned by the congress organisation (eCM Conferences). Prints or download extracts from this material are permitted for educational and research purposes or personal use only. None of this material may be used for any commercial use. No part of, or any material appearing on, the Site may be reproduced, stored in or transmitted on any other web-site (incl. intranet) nor is it permitted to create any derivative works based on the works contained on this Site without written permission of the congress organisation (eCM Conferences).
Recording at AO events
The AO reserves the right to film, photograph and audio record during its events. Participants must understand that in this context they may appear in these recorded materials. The AO assumes participants agree that these recorded materials may be used for the AO’s marketing and other purposes, and that they may be made available to the public.
1. Introduction and scope
eCM Periodical hosts all eCM official society meeting abstracts along with other abstracts for various congresses. eCM Periodical is published by the AO Research Institute Davos, a Not-for-Profit foundation in Switzerland (in this Notice, “publisher”).
Your personal information is stored by the publisher. Personal information is that which does, or could, identify you.
This Privacy Notice is provided in the context of the publisher`s role in collection, use, transfer, security and eventual disposal (collectively “processing”) of your personal information or data.
Throughout this notice, “eCM”, “we”, “us” or “our” means the publisher.
2. Changes to this notice
We will update this Notice from time to time and will communicate material changes to you before they become effective by the best means available to us (for example, by a prominent notice on eCM Periodical and Conferences websites).
3. Personal information collected
We hold two categories of personal information or data:
3.1. Personal information that you provide to us when you register for an eCM conference or conference that we host from time to time on behalf of other societies (e.g. EORS – European Society for Biomaterials, ESB – European Society for Biomaterials, SSB&RM – Swiss Society for Biomaterials and Regenerative Medicine, TERMIS – Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medicine International Society).
3.2. Financial data, including billing addresses, postal address, credit/debit card details and bank account details, that you provide when paying your conference registration. These data are accessible to us and stored by WorldPay (https://www.worldpay.com/).
4. Purpose of processing
4.1. To send you news relevant to eCM conferences and/or an eCM-hosted conference on behalf of other societies using an e-mail delivery system (Pardot, https://www.pardot.com/ ).
4.2. To keep in contact with you about our news, events, new website features, services or new products that we believe may interest you.
4.3. To use data analytics to improve our website, services and experiences.
Note: EU GDPR article 6 (lawfulness of processing) information: as data controller, each publisher determines the legal basis upon which it processes the personal data of European individuals. These bases may include your consent and the necessity of fulfilling a contract with you.
5. Recipients of the information
Your personal information that we hold will be:
5.1. Accessed by publisher employees whose roles require access to your data. Our personnel are bound to confidentiality terms, which cover their obligations to protect personal data.
5.2. Disclosed when required to by law.
6. Information security
We maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical security measures to protect your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorised access or use. These measures include firewalls, role-based data access and physical access controls to data centres. However, we cannot guarantee that loss, misuse, unauthorised acquisition or alteration of your data will never occur.
7. Data retention
The period for which your information will be retained will be set by you, as you can unsubscribe at any time from eCM Periodical and Conferences news mail using the link at the bottom of the circulated e-mail.
8. International transfer
eCM Periodical and Conferences website is hosted by an external contractor, Green (https://www.green.ch), which is currently located in Switzerland and is currently owned by InfraVia Capital Partners (https://infraviacapital.com/).
9. Your right and choices
You may contact us with questions or requests concerning our use of your information, for example to request access to the data that we hold about you, or request that it be corrected or erased.
10. Sharing data directly with third parties
You might end up providing personal information directly to third parties as a consequence of your interactions with our website and other services offered by us. For example, you may attend an event hosted by us where you communicate personal information directly with other attendees. We are not responsible for how such third parties use personal data provided by you.
Please be responsible with personal information of others when using our website and the services available on it. We are not responsible for your misuse of personal information or for the direct relationship between you and others when takes place outside of the website or our services.
11. Contact us
For privacy requests and queries, contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
This site is solely governed by Swiss substantive law, regardless of where the person using the site resides or where this person made her posting, transaction or connection with the site. Any controversy with respect to the use of the Site will be decided by the courts of Zurich, Switzerland. However, the congress organisation (eCM Conferences) will be free to raise claims at other jurisdictions in Switzerland and other countries.
By participating on the Site, you acknowledge that you are aware of the terms as aforesaid, that you understand these terms and that you agree to be bound by them. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms, you should not access or use the Site.